With all of the great restaurants in Uptown we finally got our own food tour that highlights them. The tour group is called Food Tours of America and tours will start June 9. The restaurants are all in Uptown and the tour is more than just food tasting. The food tour takes you off the beaten path to explore the history in Uptown and of the restaurants.
These are just a few of the items that will be part of the tour happening this summer 2012.
- BBQ Brisket Nachos in a spicy BBQ sauce and pineapple pico de gallo
- Hand stuffed Chicken & Cheese Jalapeno Mini Chimichanga served with queso and sour cream
- Frozen Margarita
- “Mac Daddy Dog” wrapped in bacon, lightly fried and topped with macaroni & cheese, chili, more cheese and a Tearjerker Onion Ring
- “Tater Balls” Natural & Sweet Potato Tots
- Texas Farm Raised Bacon & Egg Pizza
- Organic Veggies Pizza with goat cheese
- Portobello Mushroom Fries with a tomato basil aioli
- “Frozen Sfuzzi” specialty concoction of Prosecco & White Peach Nectar (Nominated Best Cocktail in Dallas)
- Frozen Blueberry Mojito with fresh blueberries, rum mint and agave nectar
- Fried Hostess Twinkie topped with vanilla ice cream, powdered with sugar, and drizzled with chocolate sauce
- One of a kind Pork & Beans Brownie with sour cream icing
- Freshly baked, made from scratch Cake Ball Confections
- Texas Sweet Iced Tea
Sounds like a lot of food, but the tour lasts 2 1/2 hours and you can walk as you eat. What could be better?
Check out the web site for more information and reserve online.