If you aren’t joining us for breakfast at Bailey’s Uptown Inn here are some great places to try in Uptown that are near by.
- Our favorite is Dream Café. It is only 2 blocks away. They have lots of outdoor seating if the weather is nice and they serve breakfast all day. The cloud cakes are delicious and so is the cinnamon snail. Dream Café is located at 2800 Routh street. To get there turn west (left) on Worthington. When you get to Mckinney avenue continue across to Worthington (it jogs a bit to the right). Dream café is just ahead behind the Sigels where Worthington dead-ends.
- The Original Pancake House is not about atmosphere, it’s about pancakes. They have every kind you can imagine, including crepes and German pancakes. I’ve never had anything bad and you will leave ready for a nap. To get there from Bailey’s turn west (left) on Worthington. When you get to Mckinney turn right. Follow Mckinney up to Lemmon and turn right. Pancake house is on your left before you get to I-75. It is located at 2900 Lemmon Avenue.
- Bread Winners is a Dallas favorite. If you are headed there on a weekend be prepared to wait. As the name suggests you meal begins with a plate of various baked goods. They have a wide variety and the place has a homey charm to it. To get there from Bailey’s turn west (left) on Worthington. When you get to Mckinney turn right. It is located at 3301 Mckinney Avenue.
- If you are just looking for a quick coffee and a muffin there is a Starbucks 2 blocks away. To get there turn west (left) on Worthington. When you get to Mckinney turn right. When the road forks look to the left and you will see Starbucks. It is located at 3699 Mckinney Avenue.
- If you are looking for a local coffee house try Crooked Tree. To get there turn right (east) on Worthington. Take the first Left on Hibernia. Go two blocks to Routh and turn left. It is located at 2414 Routh Street. It’s in an old house.